Billion dollar global OEM who manufacturers various products for Power, O&G, Industrial, and Renewable markets. Their product portfolio includes Emission Control, Carbon Capture, Waste-to-Energy, Biomass, Steam, etc technologies.
Will effectively function as the internal expert/advisor for Research and ultimate development of future/advanced technologies to be at the forefront of Emerging Energy technologies 5-10-15 years in the future. This position will report to the VP Global Technology and will very closely with C-Level Executives.
This person will be develop relationships with Labs, Universities, Government Entities, Research Organizations, etc to understand emerging technologies, develop funding partners, etc.
This position can be a Remote working (Home based office) position with travel to external partners, internal global engineering locations and HQ’s.
Candidates must have experience in Research and Development of new energy technologies on a Global Scale and working with external partners such as Labs, Investors, Government, Universities, etc.
Must include resume in PDF or Word with submission
Qualified candidates will be contacted.
Will function as senior level technical specialist within the engineering department with input to all levels of the company. The individual is recognized both internally and externally as an expert within their field. Will critically evaluate future energy technology fundamentals while relying on an experience base with a wide range of products and processes utilized in multiple industries. Will perform fundamental techno-economic evaluations of future technologies that are being studied by start-ups, National Labs, the DOE, and leading research Universities.
Will be required to perform fundamental technology evaluations of processes while relying on a strong experience base of complex technical principles and proven analysis techniques (i.e., side by side technology/process/product energy and exergy analysis). This fundamental review will be important for the R&D engineer to discern system limitations that could limit future commercial success. In short, this role will help to identify the next generation of technology on an on-going basis to keep well positioned in the future when the global needs are realized.
1. A demonstrated ability to understand the global energy market and to use that understanding to quickly grasp new technology concepts and conduct critical evaluations for technical and economical viability using state-of-the-art tools is crucial to this role.
2. Investment in new technologies may include M&A, partnering, or self-development. Supporting this planning, the R&D engineer role will assemble reports and case studies for these entrepreneurial opportunity reviews. This role will skillfully include and discern key market implications such as regulatory impacts relying on a solid understanding of economics. The R&D engineer will be required to perform fundamental technology evaluations of processes while relying on a strong experience base of complex technical principles and proven analysis techniques (i.e., side by side technology/process/product energy and exergy analysis).
3. A work history with government organizations or other funding NGO’s is preferred. This evaluation and data provides the basis to drive investment and research programs that are 5+ years beyond current day planning.
4. Assumes role of subject matter expert in one or more products/disciplines.
5. Solves complex technical problems.
6. Provides technical oversight on engineering studies.
7. Interacts with customers and acts as a consultant to A/E’s, vendors, and sublet engineers.
8. Contributes input on product and technical strategy within the engineering organization.
9. Participates in discussions on technical strategy/guarantee risk for complex projects.
10. Sits on and participates in technical/industry committees.
11. Actively mentors/trains all levels of the organization within their area of expertise.
12. Authors and presents significant, complex technical reports/papers.
13. Perform all other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor of Science in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited university is required with minimum 20 years of relevant experience required.
2. Masters preferred.
3. Excellent analytical and strategic thinking skills.
4. Proven ability to multi-task on project assignments, manage daily tasks, and prioritize work to complete within deadlines.
5. Strong team player and able to coordinate with cross functional teams such as Engineering, Production, Lab Technicians, Customer Service, Marketing, and Sales.
6. Ability to drive changes as required.
7. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment for customer support.
8. The ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment with variable technical focus and daily activities is desired.
9. Outstanding oral and written communications skills and the ability to present to senior leadership is critical to this role.