The HR Manager partners with the local leadership team to support local goals, organizational development, growth, cultural change and innovation. This role is the primary contact for local day-to-day HR support and is a change agent for strategic and tactical improvements.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures HR Services are effectively delivered. This includes but is not limited to: Training & Development, Talent Acquisition, Performance Management, and Employee/Labor Relations.
- Implements HR strategies to support business unit goals. Understands functional objectives, business objectives, and HR’s role in delivering on the objectives.
- Manage and interpret Collective Bargaining Agreements; respond to union grievances, facilitate management/labor meetings
- Manages the full scope of the employee life cycle including: identifying resourcing issues, implementing local staffing plans to ensure staffing needs are met, managing local recruiting, onboarding , and implementing exit policies / practices.
- Proactively seeks feedback to improve service levels and recommends relevant policy / process changes. Recognizes and acts on opportunities for HR to add value to the business.
- Implements learning and development plans to support locational needs.
- Supports supervisors and managers with performance management needs through the use of processes and tools. This includes coaching, addressing performance issues, developing employees, and succession planning.
- Facilitates and supports effective local communication (townhallls, announcements).
- Understands and applies employment & labor law, policies, practices, and compliance. Adapts to changing labor laws. Ensures HR records are maintained to support HR audit & compliance
- Supports and implements site Recognition programs in partnership with local leaders.
- Administers the annual Internship Program.
- Member of the local Leadership team.
- An advocate and steward for a strong Continuous Improvement and optimization Culture.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs and develop solutions.
- Well-organized with a systematic approach to responsibilities. Strong follow up and detail orientation
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Proven ability to coach and advise supervisors / managers on employee relations issues.
- Ability to effectively deliver training and engage participants to ensure understanding.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel & Powerpoint preferred).
- Experience in managing and implementing projects.
- Ability to work independently.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Required Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in HR related field.
- Labor Relations/Bargaining Unit/Union experience
- 3-5 years in a lead site-level HR role.
- Experience supporting Engineering and Sales organizations preferred.
Preferred Education / Experience
- PHR or SPHR certification